Advanced Field Service Engineer
The Advanced Field Service Technician/Engineer provides outstanding customer service to clients by performing in-depth system health checks on both Mitel‘s core and third party supported products. Performs complex system maintenance and advanced troubleshooting in both voice and data environments as they integrate with state-of-the-art VoIP applications. The tasks are from moderate to difficult in complexity. Engineer will be required to install, repair, test, upgrade, and maintain enterprise-wide systems, including LAN, WAN, telecommunications, client/server configurations, computer hardware, software, tools, and testing equipment.
Location: The location for this position is in the Southern California Region and will be determined by candidate selection. Position is not limited to the local area or region. Knowledge and skill set may be deployed nationwide or internationally.
- Advanced knowledge of data and VoIP telecommunications theory.
- Experience and certifications on the Mitel 3300, MCD, MiVoice Business and/or 5000, MiVoice Office 250 platforms are required.
- Experience with Contact Centers, ACD, Reporting is preferred.
- CCNA, VMWare/VCP, and/or Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- The ability to install, trouble shoot, configure, and manage computers and computer software, including both applications and operating systems.
- The ability to install, troubleshoot, configure and manage computer networks of moderate to complex difficulty.
- The ability to work after normal hours, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Maintain advanced internal and external product/industry certifications.
- Provide technical implementation and consultative services.
- Provide technical experience in the deployment of large complex enterprise solutions.
- Evaluate the sold solution to define a systematic approach that is tailored to a customer’s environment.
- Identify potential project risks and alternate technical solutions to mitigate them.
- Perform Enterprise design:Universal numbering plans.
- Universal dialing plans.
- Advanced Applications compatibility and Integration.
- Clustering and Resiliency in both a single or multiple system environments.
- Perform Readiness Assessments: Assessment of Networks and infrastructure integration requirements.
- Interface with customers’ local/corporate MIS personal or appointed third party data vendors.
- Employ practical experience with the integration of third-party products to the Mitel platform.
- Utilize experience with complex troubleshooting.
- Utilize in-house lab systems for problem resolution and validation.
- Utilize Traffic and Performance Assessments.
- Provide critical technical expertise.
Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience performing technician level VoIP telecommunications/network field installations and/or service. Experience should include installation, testing, troubleshooting, and repair.
Please do not apply for this position if you do not possess the Mitel specific skills and experience described above.
To apply, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org