February 21st, 2018 by admin
Are These 7 Common Dynamics Driving You to the Cloud?
- Rapid Growth: Businesses expanding at warp speed need UC and contact center solutions that can evolve just as fast. The cloud provides quick and easy software upgrades with the inherent scalability needed to support growth. Plus, cloud solutions offer greater flexibility for integrations with other technologies you may already be using and the ability to more readily adapt processes in the future.
- Multiple Locations: You may have staff in multiple locations, but you need a single solution that supports remote workforces or work-from-home employees without becoming a major administrative undertaking for your IT staff. A cloud contact center or UC solution can easily be deployed regionally to globally, while also creating a more consistent experience for both your staff and your customers.
- Mobile Workforce: If you have a substantial number of people who are in the field, on the road or just not at their desks, cloud-based technologies and mobile apps make data easily accessible wherever they are. The cloud also makes it easy for your administrators or IT staff to remotely manage equipment to ensure remote employees have the tools they need to get the job done.
- Small-to-Mid-Sized Businesses (SMB): Unlike the big boys, most smaller organizations can’t afford to maintain their own enterprise-level network security and redundancy, and may not have the necessary staff to do so. BUT, as an SMB, you still need to compete and can’t afford to put your operation at risk. With a cloud-based UC or contact center solution, SMBs can share the costs of sophisticated infrastructures and strict security measures with other cloud clients, gaining enterprise-class features without the need to manage staff or equipment.
- Outdated Equipment: Whether it’s due to lack of functionality, a contract termination or a manufacturer that no longer supports your hardware, if your on-premises equipment is ready for an upgrade, there’s no better time to consider moving your communications to the cloud. Consider your goals and where your business is headed to see if the flexibility and cost structure offered by cloud communications are a good fit before sinking thousands into new onsite equipment.
- The Need to See the Big Picture: Today’s executives must understand the breadth and depth of their business operations, as well as the minuscule details of each customer’s unique needs or a given sales rep’s performance. Cloud architectures that support multi-tenancy or integrations with CRM platforms make it easy to combine and sift through data at individual or aggregate levels, providing valuable reporting capabilities and new insights.
- Dissatisfaction: You or those around you (e.g., your staff, your supervisor, your CEO!) just aren’t happy with the performance, functionality or return on investment of your current UC or contact center solution. If you’re hearing more complaints than compliments these days, take a critical look at what you’re trying to accomplish. Many cloud-based solutions offer greater customization opportunities to help you meet the distinct needs of your business.
Posted in: Uncategorized